Ingredients300g arborio rice
50 g butter
3 shallots, chopped
500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2 cm cubes (or bought frozen)
A few branches of thyme
Italian herbs mix to taste
1 liter vegetable stock
300 ml dry white wine
30 g Parmesan cheese
- Cook half of the pumpkin until soft and pure it in a blender. Roast the other half of the pumpkin.
- Melt half the butter in a big pan under medium-low heat and cook the shallots, thyme and garlic. When shallots become transparent, add mushrooms, rice and herbs.
- When rice becomes transparent, add the pumpkin pure and some stock and wine, stirring. Keep adding stock and wine as the liquid dries out.
- When rice is ready (not gooey but not hard either), remove it from the fire.
- Add the rest of the butter and cheese.