type Side dish
servings 6 servings
preparation time 0:20
price


So it was Thanksgiving. I hope you had a good celebration! I don't usually celebrate it but this year I used it as an excuse to eat some turkey and get myself busy in the kitchen. It was worth it! Among other dishes, I made this cranberry sauce. It's a super easy recipe and it tastes so great! I know that that's a very American recipe but I highly recommend other foreigners to try it. It's a great side dish and it works well together with chicken, pork, mashed potatoes and, of course, turkey. This is definitely a recommend!
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup cranberry (fresh or frozen)
65g sugar (brown or white)
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup port wine (optional)
1/2 lemon
Instructions
  1. Rinse the cranberries and pour them in a pan. Add in the sugar, orange juice and port wine and bring it to boil over medium-high heat.
  2. When it starts to boil and get a foamy look, turn the heat down and start to simmer. Simmer it until cranberries burst.
  3. Remove it from the heat and squeeze some lemon juice on top. Allow it to cool down and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
Tips
  • Making this recipe a day in advance will help bringing the most of its flavor.
  • You can add more ingredients to this recipe such as pecans, cinnamon, blueberries, orange zest.
  • Although it's traditionally served with turkey, it can be served in different ways. Chicken, pork or even with mashed potatoes. It's delicious! There's a restaurant I know which gives you a portion of this sauce with every meal you order.

Posted by Thifa on Sunday, November 28, 2010

7 comments

  1. This looks really delicious=). I've never tasted cranberry sauce, but this picture made me wanna try it even more =)

     
  2. Thifa Says:
  3. You get this dish is pretty much any American Thanksgiving feast. Some people eat it from a can but I find that disgusting! lol At first it might not sound appealing but after the first time you'll look forward to have it again!

     
  4. Yummy post and blog!

    xoxox,
    CC

     
  5. What a fabulous post!

    xo

     
  6. Looks delicious! I'm missing thanksgiving now :[

    Come enter my holiday giveaway for bakers twine and manila tags!

     
  7. Becky Says:
  8. Hi!
    I just want to let you know that if you want to have 5 extra entries in my giveaway, you can go here and read how: http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-announcement.html
    Thank you!

     
  9. Angelys Says:
  10. MMmmm Delicious!

     

Post a Comment

Enter a keyword, ingredient, or recipe name to search recipes and posts in this blog.

About us

THIFA AND PAUL
UTRECHT,
NETHERLANDS

We are a couple sharing passion for tasty meals but keeping it inexpensive. Here we want to keep track and share our favorite dishes. [ Read more ]

We recommend





Cup? Gram?

Readers