Another vegetarian Monday? Not really. I made this last week when I had left over tofu from our sushi evening. Like our sushi, this dish was incredibly fresh and also tasty! With the right seasoning, tofu can be quite delicious and the mushroom addition makes this dish very seasonal. Recommended!
Ingredients1 tablespoon oil
1/2 onion, in cubes
1 garlic, crushed
125g mixed mushroom
1 red bell pepper, in strips
1 tablespoon tomato puree
75ml vegetable stock (I dissolved 1/2 cube stock)
1 tablespoon corn starch, dissolved in a little bit of water
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the tofu in 1/2 tablespoon oil for a minute only.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the rest of the oil until it turns transparent. Add the mushroom and red pepper and fry for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato puree and tofu, and the corn starch. Keep it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When using tofu, seasoning is the key. My suggestions are ginger, ground red pepper, and/or paprika.