type Vegetarian
servings 2 servings
preparation time 0:30
price


Another vegetarian Monday? Not really. I made this last week when I had left over tofu from our sushi evening. Like our sushi, this dish was incredibly fresh and also tasty! With the right seasoning, tofu can be quite delicious and the mushroom addition makes this dish very seasonal. Recommended!
Ingredients
1 tablespoon oil
150g tofu
1/2 onion, in cubes
1 garlic, crushed
125g mixed mushroom
1 red bell pepper, in strips
1 tablespoon tomato puree
75ml vegetable stock (I dissolved 1/2 cube stock)
1 tablespoon corn starch, dissolved in a little bit of water
100ml cream
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Fry the tofu in 1/2 tablespoon oil for a minute only.
  2. Fry the onion and garlic in the rest of the oil until it turns transparent. Add the mushroom and red pepper and fry for 5 minutes.
  3. Mix in the tomato puree and tofu, and the corn starch. Keep it for 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tips
  • When using tofu, seasoning is the key. My suggestions are ginger, ground red pepper, and/or paprika.

Posted by Thifa on Monday, November 15, 2010

9 comments

  1. That's such a simple and yummy recipe! I must try that one day. Thanks! You're right about the tofu there. It's tasteless on its own.

     
  2. Looks so yummy...i just need to buy tofu, and i'll make it

     
  3. Thifa Says:
  4. Thanks, girls! It's indeed a very simple, inexpensive recipe and can be done in no time! I hope you enjoy it :)

     
  5. wow! i can all ready tell im going to love your blogs! The veggie dishes caught my attention right away! Your meals look so healthy! just what i need for burning some cals & fat just in time for my engagement party yay! Do you make all these meals yourself, im curious? Look forward to many more of your blogs!! Thanks!!! xo

     
  6. Thifa Says:
  7. Hi Roam Rome! Thanks so much for your comment :) I love light dishes and delicate flavors and, though I am no pro, I love sharing recipes as I know that it can be hard for young house-girlfriend like us (?). Congrats on your engagement! All recipes were made by me and most of them photographed by my boyfriend :)

     
  8. Paul Says:
  9. I'm an experienced taster, too! I look forward to the day somebody starts paying me to do so, then I'll have gone pro. I can assure you that my stars are accurate, also for the veggie dishes.

    My favorites so far are this tofu stroganoff and the spinach quiche. The mushroom risotto is also definitely worthwhile.

     
  10. I does sounds delicious! I have to try this one day!

     
  11. Rinny Says:
  12. This looks delicious - mushroom and tofu are two of my bf's favorite foods, so he would really like this :D

    P.S. I tagged you for the One Lovely Blog award ^^
    Link to post

     
  13. anamika Says:
  14. yummmm...i am going to try this and let u know how it turns out :)

    thanks



    you might like to visit my blog

    http://www.wiseshe.com

     

Post a Comment

Enter a keyword, ingredient, or recipe name to search recipes and posts in this blog.

About us

THIFA AND PAUL
UTRECHT,
NETHERLANDS

We are a couple sharing passion for tasty meals but keeping it inexpensive. Here we want to keep track and share our favorite dishes. [ Read more ]

We recommend





Cup? Gram?

Readers