Many people don't like Brussels sprouts. From my experience, if you combine it well with other ingredients, such as lemon juice and butter, it can even be delicious! I recently bought a big bag of these so I've been eating them quite regularly. This is one of the successful recipes I made.
Ingredients2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon butter (1 tablespoon should be kept cold)
4 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/4 yellow onion (or 1/2 red), chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
340g fresh Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
240ml chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of each of salt and pepper. In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook the breasts until just done, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and cut into small cubes.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining oil and another tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook it until soften. Stir in the garlic, Brussels sprouts, broth and chili pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- When the Brussels sprouts are ready, add the chicken, lemon juice, parsley, cream and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and stir in the cold butter. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve!
- Do not overcook the Brussels sprouts or it will exhale sulfur, which smell may not be appetizing.
- Brussels sprouts are healthy, low in cholesterol and saturated fat, rich in vitamin C and K, contains vitamin A, iron and fibers.